Sunday, August 03, 2014

A bit of Zen and Stampin up makes a great day .......

Hi everyone.  

Firstly can I sincerely thank each and every one of you who regularly pop by my blog.  Your continued support means so much.  

In today's post


  •      A bit of Zentangle
  •      Weekly Deals
  •      Big hopes for the big shot .....


I love Bloglovin ......  It's great and everyday it just pops up on my emails .... I get to see what everyone is doing, get to read about my favourite crafters and see their amazing creations.  

I noticed not long after the American convention that several cards were done with what has been termed the Zentangle effect ........  I was intrigued, it looked just like the doodling I used to do on my study books.  I mean if it had paper and I had a colouring or graphite pencil, or a pen then it was fair game.  It was gonna get doodled on. 

So this Zentangle intrigued me.  I learnt that Patty Bennett had done a class on it.  (Sucks to be this side of the pond sometimes!). I wasn't there so have studied the effects others have created.  My interpretation is that you stamp your image and then doodle on it.  I have done the lines top and bottom of the petals and leaves, but you can do whatever takes your fancy.  

So fully inspired, armed with my stamp, two stamp'n'write markers, ink pads and card stock I got to work. My chosen colours, strawberry slush, pink pirouette and very vanilla.  



The stamp sets used are Tape It and Blended Bloom

I had to fussy cut both layers of this gorgeous flower.  The leaves were punched using the bird builder punch, and we're finished off with the itty bitty punch pack flowers.  A candy dot in the middle makes each one pop.  


Matted and layered onto co-ordinations card stock and then stamped inside tone on tone to finish,

Gorgeous.  What do you think...... I've already got dome other stamps in mind to try this with.

WEEKLY DEALS

These are still amazing value for money and the products change each week.  This week there is the oh so cute cupcake builder punch. Some great framelits and lots more



BIG HOPES FOR THE BIGSHOT

Just a gentle reminder, not to miss out on the 15% discount on each bundle in the special 5 bundles.  The offer ends at the end of August.  It would be a shame not to add these 5 stamp and die bundles to your collection, especially at that price.

Talking of price, how about the opportunity to save up to £47.50.  Yep if you buy the BIGSHOT this month you can choose one of these bundles free.  What are you waiting for ..... This is too good to miss.  




I am entering my card into the following challenges. 

Sunday Stamps - Its Pink ssc81

Retro Sketches - Challenge 126


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x