Sunday, July 13, 2014

A special book for a special family .................

There are lots of aspects to being a crafter that are fun.

Then there are the times when it doesn't go right and we wonder why we ever started.

And then, there are those special times,  when you get asked to create something very special for some very special people.

This week was one of those times.

I was given the brief of a book to hold family photos to give to a little boy.  His Nanna loved it when she saw it and I hope that he did too.

I am immensely proud to have been asked to do this and loved choosing the papers, stamps and inks to create this.

So for a little boy, well cars and bikes, trains I was told, and then animals.  So ok, here goes.
 The side 

The first page featuring Rev it Up

 The second page featuring Boys will be Boys

Ah, the ever so cute Zoo Babies on page 3

 Traveller Train on page 4

Lastly Rev it up Bike on page 5

The pages are the repeated throughout the book.

As you can see there are tabs at the right hand side

These tabs pull out to reveal a matching extra photo mat inside each page




I will be honest I have used some retired stock in this project, but I am sure you could re-create it using current stamps and papers.

The papers I used were from the Winter Catalogue and can be found here on the clearance rack.  Its called Sweater Weather, and I thought the colours were just perfect for a boy.

I used four stamp sets including Rev it Up, (which is retired), Zoo Babies, Traveller and lastly Boys will be Boys.

The colours used were Pool Party, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip.  I love the combination and look these have given. They blend with the papers perfectly.

I finished the book off by making lots of journaling tags, using the angled tag topper punch and cutting lengths of Island Indigo ribbon to attach to them

The cover has been decorated with Island Indigo ribbon and it has a matching tie closure.

Finally I have cut out the little boy's name in chocolate chip card stock and have placed this in an envelope for his new Mum to put on the book.  Along with a punch art frog.

Hope you're having a great weekend wherever you are.  I will tell you what Ive been up to on Tuesday.

Also have you checked out all the information for the New Exclusive Blendabilities Club.  Its a great way to get all the new pens, spreading the cost, and getting freebies along the way.  Whats not to love.  You can find all the Blendabilities Club details here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x