Friday, March 30, 2012

We start and end with family

With everything thats being going on in my life over the last few months, nothing is truer than this, we start and end with family.

Without both my and my estranged hubbies family I wouldn't have survived let alone be out having fun and smiling. I'm off on a girlie night out tonight, takeaway and wine with a load of us having a sleep over ........  haven't done this since my teens, so looking forward to it.

Mother's day was fantastic for me, not only could I celebrate my mother, but also my mother-in-law who has been such a rock.  That weekend also marked my MIL's 60th Birthday.  Here's the card I made for her.







This card was made using Tim Holtz distress inks to edge the pages, but also to stamp with.  The image is a new set from Sizzex, which includes stamp and dies.  I have then decoupaged the image, added some sentiments, again stamped with TH and layered with ribbon and die cuts.

Below is the card I made for each of the Mums, they had the same sentiments, but different pictures in each.


There is a gorgeous verse page for each, (but I forgot to photograph it!!)  lol

The papers are from my stash, as is the ribbons and charms. I have layered them up and made the gorgeous sentiments as the focal point.

Hope you all have a good weekend, don't forget to check out the Cutie Pie blog and the Anything goes blog to enter our challenges before they end on Sunday and Monday, if you haven't already.

Hugs to all



24 comments:

  1. oh wow this is stunning,love those butterflies,and your detail is amazing hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards Lisa, love the sentiments...hope you are having a fab girly evening.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are beautoful lisa.really gorgeous and pretty :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, I especially like the butterfly and flower card xx Doing DC Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic Card love those butterfly's I am sure your MIL loved the card. Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those butterflies, beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card,love the colours and butterflies

    Hugs Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards and butterflies tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and page love the butterflies. Enjoy your night out. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards but Love the Butterfly one. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, well done.
    Maureen....x

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness done know where my post went ... bit scatty this morning ... I just said love the cards and love the flutterbyes ... we are both lucky to have both our wonderful mums and mother in laws around still ... I dont have either "dads" but plan on keeping both the mums around for as long as poss ... have a great weekend and thank you for visiting me happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, wow beautiful card, luv the butterflies.
    Cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely beautiful projects Lisa. You can see that they were created with a lot of love and attention to detail.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous projects, made with love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your projects are beautiful Lisa. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are stunning projects! Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet your mum and MIL loved what you hade made for them who wouldn't they are special x
    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning Lisa. I particularly love the butterfly design and the tied lace. I bet they both were excited with their cards;) Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. All really beautiful card, I love the colours on the first one
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x