Tuesday, March 06, 2012

My first Blog Award and Anything Goes

Hello my fellow crunchies.

I have some really exciting news.  I am really honoured to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award and would like to thank Tina for thinking of me, thanks for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog too.




The Liebster Blog Award is used to show appreciation of smaller blogs (under 200 followers) and to help spread readership and joy.

As part of the tradition the award is to be passed along to five other blogs that have motivated and inspired me.

The name comes from the German meaning Dearest or Beloved, but can also mean Favourite.

To accept this Award you must:

1.  Link back to the person's blog who gave it to you, and thank them.

2.  Post on your blog.

3.  Give to five other Bloggers who you appreciate and value.

4. Leave a comment on the five blogs you choose and let them know.

Now comes the difficult bit ...........  how do you only choose 5 - yes only 5 blogs to pass this award on to.    I have (in the words of Lloyd Grossman) deliberated and gogitated and have come up with the following who have inspired me.  They are in no particular order and I could have chosen many many more.


1.  Tamara at  Posh Cat Crafts 
2.  Lee at Crafty Loops 
3   Hazel at hazelshandmadecrafts.
5   Wendy at The-craftmonkey



Well today's Tuesday and that means it's time for another great challenge over at Anything Goes.  This is the second DT card I have made for this blog, and I just want to say that the team is fab and has made me very welcome.  Thanks guys.

The theme of our challenge this fortnight is Boys to Men.  I can hear you all groaning from here ........ YES it's a dreaded man card...........  why oh why can't they like hearts and flowers and pink and stick pins etc etc etc.  All the things us girlies love .............. sadly they don't but hey don't dispair the fab DT team have come up with some great cards to give you plenty of inspiration.  So why don't you pop on over and join in the fun.

My card has been made for my son's 13th birthday this year.  He's 13 on the 13th.  He's mad on motorbikes and is very into all this union jack stuff about - hence the theme of the card.  I have used a basic card from stock, and the new Papermania Portabello Road papers.  The image is a digi from Prairie Fairy and is coloured with Promarkers.  The sentiment has been layered onto glitter card and is from Kanban.  I distressed the edge of the papers with TH distress inks and used  spellbinder nesties to create my layers.  The fab union jack was a dog tag from Poochie Pets.  



Hugs and happy crafting.







16 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa.... why is it I always suddenly feel hungry when I click on your blog... 'crunchie crafts'! MMmmmmmm I love cadbury's crunchies! hehe!

    Fabbie male card hon.. love the face your boy racer is pulling!! And the union jack is perfect for his background!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your award and super card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Lisa,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks Lisa. Congrats on your award too. Live this card, its brilliant. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Lisa, I love that image and the colours, Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, Congratulations on your award and thank you for choosing me to receive this fab award. Secondly, I think your card is fab, brilliant design and great image!! And 3rd, apologies as i didn't realise i was not following your blog but i am now!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card and I love your image and your papers
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so gorgeous hunni...and well done too on your award...well deserved sweetie..:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is one really super card Hun,great image,and love the papers,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award, I love the fun image and the papers look fantastic
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa, thank you for the blog award its very sweet of you to think of me I shall display it with pride. Love you card you created such a fun and fabbie card.
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabbie card for your son, I'm sure he'll love it!! Love the Union Jack theme- v cool! Hope things are going well for you in your new home x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya, just awarded you an award called Versatile Blogger
    have look at link below:-

    http://suescraftworld.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Cheers
    Sue N
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool card!I bet your son will love it! Great matching papers and details!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa this did make me chuckle, what a fab image . Lovely card well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on your first award Lisa. I was just dropping by to say I have nominated you for an award, its on my blog http://cliona-at-night-owl.blogspot.com/2012/03/versatile-blogger-awardpassing-on-love.html.

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x