Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Friends and Ice Cream - 2 of my favourite things

On Monday my bestest friends came to visit from Cornwall.  I moved away in March and miss them terribly.  We had a great girlie day, it was lovely to spend time with them.  Unfortunately working in a tourist area they can't get away much during the season, so it was a long time since we had all caught up in person.

The previous blog post card was for my friend Julie, she purchased my yellow beetle from me and loves it  (I really miss it!!!)

This card is for my best mate "Pand" whom I miss every day.  It reminds me of our coffees out - normally involving a little cake as well of course.




I used First Edition Sweet Owl papers, Laura Ashley wallpaper, Coredinations and Tatty Ted paper to make this card.  The flowers were cut on the cricut and distressed, a mini button placed in each.  The image was coloured with promarkers and small Anitas gems stuck on for the cherrys.  The lace work was also cut on the cricut.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:






22 comments:

  1. fabulous card lisa.i love the fab image and your colouring and design are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card love those Humphrey images and your card design is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!Lisa this is very lovely,you can't beat a chat/cake with a good friend :)gorgeous flowers too.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute... those flowers are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooo cute love the image and colours, brilliant card. Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable Lisa, I love the flowers. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I like the flowers, great take on the sketch, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, i love the flowers they are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week and good luck. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Lisa what a gorgeous card I adore the design and those papers look totally fabulous and so does that cute image, a superb card thank you for joining us at Bearlymine challenges.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, sweet image and fab flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card - love the image and your colouring is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is so sweet Lisa! Love the image and those papers and flowers are stunning!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. We lived in Cornwall for ten years and I miss it too sometimes. Lovely card, the flowers are really gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a very cute image - love your papers and layout, and especially love those flowers! xx Jill B

    ReplyDelete
  15. super card , I love that image-thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - love the neopoliton(sp?) colours
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Lisa, really pretty :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lisa, I love this card. It is just sooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card, loving the flowers

    thanks for joining us at SnS

    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Lisa, love the layout. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x